When you hear a positive message about yourself from someone else, it can be a strong motivator to keep on your journey and be your best self. When there is a positive climate and culture in our living spaces such as school, work and home it can feel like a safer place to be and like we belong.
Today’s Wellness Wednesday is an uplifting post that will walk you through an activity that will leave you giving and receiving positive messages. We guarantee that you will be blessed, and you will be a blessing.
As a class, group or family; use a piece of paper and a writing utensil;
- Write down your name on the top of the page.
- Pass your page to the person to your left, everyone has someone else’s page
- When you receive someone else’s page, write down something positive that you want to tell that person;
- such as, "I admire your courage for trying out for Track and Field, You have been a good friend to me, I care about you and I want you to know that you are important in my life." Try to be specific and most importantly focus on putting a smile on the person’s face.
- Now fold the paper to hide your comments and pass the paper left again.
- You will continue to get a new person, continue with the positive comments and fold the paper before passing it to the next person.
- When everyone has had a chance to comment on each person’s paper make sure that everyone receives their positive affirmations.
Ask yourself, there is no wrong answer:
Read your positive affirmations; now, how has this changed your mood?
What meaning do these comments have for you?
Connecting to Our Faith
And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. -Philippians 4:8
Teacher Resource: YouTube: Teacher Toolkit: Affirmations (2:20)
Parent Resource: 66 Positive Things to say to your Child
We welcome your feedback, click here